View Single Post
Old June 17, 2013, 07:26 AM   #4
Double Naught Spy

Yes, IIRC, the sensor on the Gen I scopes has something like a 15-20 K hour use life. Chances are, you won't wear it out through appropriate use before something else breaks on the unit or you buy something new.

Where a lot of NV scopes go south faster is people leaving off the lens caps and exposing the light sensitive sensor to sunlight.

So it is a used scope and you have looked through it and deemed it useful to you (regardless of Scorch's comments). So then the query would be what is "really cheap?" Given your description, depending on whether it is the Tactical or Varmint version, the cost new is from $450-550. So really cheap is less than $200, yes?

I am dubious of used scopes. So unless it is LNIB with the box and goodies, I would certainly not to want to pay over $200 for it. You don't get the warranty with it like it was new.

My only real concern would be that your friend let you mount it on your rifle and y'all go shoot one night and make sure that it holds zero. If it doesn't hold zero, you end up with an overly bulky and heavy night scouting scope. You might email Yukon to check and make sure it is capable of handling whatever caliber you are going to put it on, especially if it is .308 or larger.

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries