View Single Post
Old February 24, 2000, 12:09 PM   #4
cjb

So what we are saying is that an auto works well for doubles on the range, but not in the HD role????? I think this auto vs. pump thing has been blown way too far! I can see the military sticking with a pump because of the mud, sand, and grime that it will encounter. But if you keep an auto clean, and lubed, they will work very well. Alot of guys carry an auto pistol, and then cut up auto shotguns for reliability. The 1100 Rem. when properly cleaned, and lubed, and used with the proper ammo will cycle for more shots than most people care to shoot. Besides, how many times do you plan to shoot in a defensive roll? I would say if you need more than 3 or 4 rounds you probably lost!!
I have 3 1100 Remingtons and my dad has 3 more. We use them for trap, sporting clays, and hunting upland birds. I have had very, very few problems. And most of the malfunctions I had were because I was half way through my second round of 100 bird trap without lubing the gun. Yea, if you need more than 50 rds. or so, or plan on low crawling through waist deep mud, then I would buy a pump. But for home defense, the 1100 Rem. will do the trick!
CJB

Page generated in 0.03018 seconds with 8 queries