View Single Post
Old February 25, 2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Jerry45

Clark, thanks for the video’s. I’m jealous of your machining equipment.

The scope is a Lapers 8-32X56. I could not see any change up down right or left by rotating the magnification knob. I mounted it on my Savage .17 HMR. With it set on 20 I fired one shot at 25 yrd. 1/2” high 2” right. Had my wife rotate the windage knob while I held on target. Second shot center ½” high. Fired again and put it in the same hole. Ran the target out to 50 yrd. Cranked up to 32, center ¼”(?) high. Ran it out to 100 did a minor tweak for dead center, then zeroed the turrets. Played with the magnification and all shots grouped under 1”. Started shooting “empty” shotgun shells and ¼” size pieces of clay pigeon on the 100 yrd. burm. POI v POA does not change.

The scope was advertised as “used like new” on Amazon.com. So I took a chance. It was like new and the turrets had been rotated but as you can see it zeroed easily and finish and function is perfect. Only time will tell how good they really are but as of now I really like these scopes. I have four, a 1-4x24 on my 45/70. I’ve fired about 30 rounds with it mounted and it's holding up. A 3-12x44 on my Sig 522, 4-16x56 on my 06 and now the 8-32x56 on the 17. So far they have proven to be accurate and tough. I had the 1-4 on the 522 and my grandson knocked it over on a concrete bench on to the windage knob and it held zero. Now on the 45/70 it’s taking a beating.

Page generated in 0.03084 seconds with 8 queries