View Single Post
Old December 10, 2009, 11:08 PM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

I've been on more than my share of drug raids, and meth labs are super bad news. LE today receives specialized training on meth labs because of the hazards involved.

If we know ahead of time that a meth lab is involved, we won't even attempt it without the FD, and preferably a HAZMAT team being present.

The chemicals involved are so volatile that almost ANYTHING, the tiniest spark, can set off a massive explosion.

I assume you're talking about a flash suppressor. If so, it won't make much, if any, difference. Same with the difference between a pistol and a carbine. Gunfire in an active meth lab is to be avoided at all but the most dire costs.

In your situation, I feel for you. You have the duty to apprehend a bail jumper, but you lack the resources of a regular LE agency. My advice would be to back off and catch 'em outside later. Let HAZMAT deal with the lab.

(Incidentally, I note that you posted a very similar thread in the NFA forum. It's different enough to let this one stand, but please be advised that we don't allow duplicate threads in multiple forums.)

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.03596 seconds with 8 queries