View Single Post
Old April 8, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1
AdamSean

New summer carry: NAA Guardian .380

After going around and around trying to find a good holster for my Kahr CW9, I just went ahead and bought a new pocket carry gun. And since I have been wanting one for a long time, I bought me a NAA Guardian .380. I love the heavier weight of the Guardian over the Ruger LCP, which was my second choice. I am hoping the extra weight will aid in less recoil for the tiny gun. The only downside that is a deal breaker for some people is the really heavy trigger. I really don't mind that so much. To me, it doesn't feel all that different than a Smith & Wesson 642. And after a little polishing, it is super smooth.

I didn't like the extended magazine so I trimmed it off to a flat base plate, but that is just a personal preference for me. I really like all the personalizing you can do with it too. I plan on getting some wood grips and a slide that has the scalloped serrations on the front as well as the rear. Possibly having some night sights dovetailed in the slide as well. Some may think this gun is ugly, but I find it as sexy as a Walther PPK.

I will be making a trip to the range tomorrow morning for a test run and to see which HP ammo it prefers. Range report to come. And to find me a good holster for it other than the cheap Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

Page generated in 0.03792 seconds with 8 queries