View Single Post
Old September 27, 2010, 06:39 AM   #1
Artie

Invector Plus Choke tubes-switch to?

As some of you know, I just bought a new Citori that I'm primarily using for sporting clays right now. The first time out, we just shot some clays out of one of those cheap manual spring operated throwers. The clays were not too tough to hit and the gun performed well using the factory full choke that came in the gun.

Fast forward to this past weekend where we went on an actual course and the results were not as impressive. The longer range clays were tough on me no matter the speed, but the close range ones were ok even at high speeds. Obviously the full choke wasn't ideal.

I'm an experienced bird hunter, but I'm somewhat ignorant on choke tubes and such. I've always used old guns that had no tubes and now I'm using a brand new Citori. My question is what tubes should I be using for sporting clays? I guess the obvious answer would be the tube made for sporting clays, but I've read a couple of articles suggesting that the OEM Browning tubes were not that great. I need to order some tubes that are more suited for this usage, but I'd rather get some advice from you guys before I buy the first thing I see. I'm also curious if you want 2 of the same tubes in an O/U, or if the second barrel should be different?

Page generated in 0.03685 seconds with 8 queries