Thread: 410 usefulness
View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 09:41 PM   #34
Gdawgs

Wow, I didn't mean to start a fight with this thread. Our local Wal Mart does not carry guns. They do have 28 ga shells though. Our LGS does not have any 28 ga guns either(and they have a pretty large selection of guns), but they do carry the ammo as well. Apparently 28 ga doesn't sell much around here.

Anyway, here's the lowdown on the kids. I took them both(8 yr old son, 11 yr old daughter) back to the gun store today. The 510 Mini actually fits them both pretty nicely (keep in mind, our kids are pretty runty, they are both one of the smallest kids in their classes). My 11 year old would benefit from the stock extension, but could shoot it fine as is.

They also had 505 Youth models there in 410 and 20 ga. These were obviously way too big for both of them. Even my daughter had to extend her forward arm almost completely straight to reach the pump.

So if we decide to buy one (which I believe we are going to do), it will have to be the 510 Mini, since nothing else fits him. It will last him 2-3 years, and at that time we'll either trade it off for something bigger, or by then, his little sister who is now 4 will be able to use it if she gets into shooting.

Thanks again for the advice.

Page generated in 0.02551 seconds with 8 queries