View Single Post
Old September 3, 2001, 09:32 PM   #3
Robert J McElwain

It's a tough subject and research continues as Americans rediscover their past. Books are now more available than ever and some writers specialize in one particular area or period. Even the experts can be fooled as I've had one instructor who restored a lock on one rifle which appeared in MuzzleBlasts' feature, Longrifles of Note by George Shumway.>

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the detailed information about the early muskets. Hopefully, next weekend, when I take my gun out to a regular shoot at my friends gun club, I'll find some folks out there that can tell me if I've got anything worth hanging on to.

My shooting buddy, who's also named Gary, told me what it might take to get my gun to shoot as well as his. He and I decided I'd be better off leaving it as is and maybe trying to trade it for a new Lyman.

My current interest is primarily with modern pistols, but black powder used to interest me enough to buy this one that I've got. I could easily get caught up in it again.

I'm still amazed at the accuracy of these things.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." ~Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.02363 seconds with 8 queries