View Single Post
Old May 8, 2006, 11:02 PM   #4
HK45

reloading 45 acp & 9mm

I only reload 45 ACP and 9mm Luger, and I use a Dillon RL 550B press. I strongly recommend www.precisionbullets.com (instead of Midway) if you are not intending to shoot jacketed. Fully coated bulleted bullets (Precision Bullets) means no lead issues (except maybe from the primers). The best part is that their prices are "shipped to your door" prices. Stay away from Magnum primers because they change your load calculations. Yes, small pistol primers are for the 9mm, and large pistol primers are for the 45.

You NEED a couple good reloading manuals. Lyman's 48th Edition is the accepted standard, but I must say that the ABCs of Rreloading was the most informative by far. And you can't go wrong with Winchester 231 powder - perfect for both 45 and 9. Definately call Winchester to send you their Winchester Reloading Components Manual for free (great load data).

Do NOT go below the minumum starting loads listed, or you risk "detonation," or "squib loads" which would result in a bullet stuck in the bore (very dangerous if you do not realize it and try to fire another shot).

Page generated in 0.02990 seconds with 8 queries