View Single Post
Old April 23, 2000, 01:16 AM   #1
jdthaddeus

Hello,

I have become unsatisfied with looking at a box of ammo and the manufacturers' velocity claims and trying to guess at what the velocity really is in real life, especially out of a particular gun. Hollowpoint designs have an expansion threshold that must be met (velocity) for them to work. For total confidence in a defensive load, since load velocities vary from lot to lot and from gun to gun, I want to chrono my own defensive loads before I totally trust them. (I also handload, so the chrono would help there). So, I want to buy a chronograph.

I also need a timer. So, I was looking at the Pact MkIV which comes with the option of a chronograph.
I am concerned that something that works as a chronograph as a "secondary" function would be inferior to a standard chronograph. I am just wonderiong if anyone here has experience with Pact products and specifically the Pact MkIV timer/chronograph and could tell me if it is a good way to go or not.
I have never even seen a chronograph in person, so I don't know anything about them. Therefore, ANY advice on chronographs would be helpful.

If the Pact product is not a quality (accurate) chronograph for light (seldom) use, then I will just buy a Pact Club Timer II and a seperate quality chronograph.

thank you for your advice!
thaddeus

Page generated in 0.03124 seconds with 8 queries