View Single Post
Old May 19, 2013, 07:27 PM   #15
Elmer

Quote:
While Rugers do not have the prestige of Colt, nor the prolifience of S&W... The Ruger Speed Six is one of finest revolver's produced.

I will be happy to compare any of mine at any range (to 100 yards) with the make of any other manufacturer.

Charles
As a S&W Collector and shooter of over 40 years, I can unhesitatingly say I agree with you. While the actions on them weren't usually quite as smooth as a K frame of the same time period, they were stronger and simpler. My department bought quite a few of them, and I was an armorer at the time. The Ruger's simply never broke. The only guns we had to do anything with were operator error, ie: took apart and lost parts, tried to do a home "trigger job", etc. When we bought Smiths, they sometimes had to be fixed before they were even issued for the first time.

One of my biggest regrets was selling off my small collection of odd variations, back when the interest in them wasn't as high as today. I got about 1/5th of what they'd bring today.

But I still have a couple of shooters, that won't be for sale in my lifetime, or likely my kid's lifetimes.

Page generated in 0.03110 seconds with 8 queries