View Single Post
Old June 24, 2009, 11:58 AM   #29
chucksolo69

I have a Mosquito and love it; I don't see how anyone can say it is overpriced for the materials used. It is a great gun....the early models may have had issues, but that is no longer true. During break in, SIG recommends that you use CCI Mini Mags for the first 500 rounds or so. Mine has been flawless with these and I shoot them exclusively, although I do believe mine will work with most any high velocity ammo. The thing I like about my Mosquito is that it feels like a regular gun, not toylike, which is the case with the Walther P22. And yes, I had a P22 and it was probably the most inaccurate .22 I ever had. Also, I have a Kimber conversion kit for my SA GI .45 auto and I recommend this conversion kit. However, The downsides to it are, it is expensive, and when in use, it makes your .45 unavailable; also, the slide does not lock open after the last round, although the user's manual says you can dry fire the gun without damage, and, there is absolutely no felt recoil when using this kit. It feels like you are shooting an airsoft pistol. That is why I bought the Mosquito. All the previous "bugs" (no pun intended) that infected the Mosquito before seem to have been resolved by SIG. BTW - The Beretta Neos seems to be a great gun.......but absolutely butt ugly. I just read an article about the return of the Whitney Wolverine that praised it and I think that would be a great alternative to the "ray gun look" of the Beretta Neos. I don't care how good the Neos shoots, I just absolutley hate the way it looks and would not even consider one on that fact alone.

Last edited by chucksolo69; June 24, 2009 at 12:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.05125 seconds with 8 queries