View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 06:49 PM   #18
chanroc

Re: Did We Cause the Ammo Shortage?

I'm going to say all of the above. I learned my lesson from the drought back in 2008/2009 and spent the last two years slowly stocking up in all of the various calibers I own. If I continue to keep shooting at my current rate - once or twice a month, then I have enough to get me through the next two to three years. I mainly did this by buying two, shooting one over that period of time. As an expected bonus, I was shooting a heck of a lot more back then, than now. So I was stocking up more then, as well. Even after things calm down (whenever that will be), I will still maintain a decent level of my key calibers.
At first, I think there was a huge surge of .22 ammo being consumed up with the flood of tactical 22 rifles out there. Between that, the election holidays, and the traumatic events that unfolded, panic buying and those who bought a bunch to sell at a higher price, dried up the pound. It was a perfect storm, really. Not sure how much more damage will be done to the supply chain if things get any hotter with North Korea. If need be, I'll cut back to shooting once a month and augment some fundamental practice time with a higher end pellet rifle.

Last edited by chanroc; April 4, 2013 at 07:01 PM.

Page generated in 0.01938 seconds with 8 queries