View Single Post
Old May 5, 2012, 01:13 AM   #25
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Barrel just won't come clean!

Quote:
I've been shooting my flintlock using Thompson Bore Butter for years. I just use patches, no brush.
It appears you insist on using Thompson's Bore Butter time after time on your second from the last patch and than running one more patch down the barrel to wipe the excess lube out. Upon inspection of that last patch. It again comes out a little dirty. Sir Trying to get by with a ram rod and T/Cs bore butter, liquid cleaner and a some patches apparently isn't enough to resolve the problem.
Quick tips:
Do you have a bore brush of proper caliber to help in cleaning your barrels rifling?
When pumping hot water into your barrel from it's breech end. Have you unscrewed and removed the barrels vent liner?
Do you have a bore light to check your barrels overall condition after cleaning?

As said: You've been shooting your flintlock for years._ Are you now just taking notice that your barrel is not cleaning up after being shot? or has it always been a problem and over looked?

There are much better products on the market than those you are currently using. Others here have offered very good guidance. And as you know. To do a job correctly you must have the proper tools.

Page generated in 0.03915 seconds with 8 queries