View Single Post
Old November 27, 2011, 03:56 AM   #1
Fargazer

1911 pistols in 9mm - Springfield vs. Kimber

Well, my wife has redirected my gun fund (originally it was for an AR upper, but my eye surgery has delayed that), and we've purchased a Kimber Custom Aegis II she's been lusting after for a while. Keeps wife happy, which keeps me happy.

The Kimber shoots very nicely with both American Eagle 115 and 147; we will try some other ammo later on. She cleaned it for the first time tonight (an amusing adventure since neither of us deal with 1911's much - after the bushing housing (?) flew past my computer screen I "encouraged" her to use the reloading room that's set up for that, rather than the living room).

It's nice enough that, if it continues to operate this well, I may consider a full sized 1911 in 9mm for myself in a couple months, though I think I'd prefer a steel frame to aluminum. Two questions:
  1. Other than the weight, any major differences in the 1911 platform between an aluminum and a steel frame?
  2. Any thoughts between the following two pistols:I'm primarily looking for feed back on how they compare for fit, finish (and how durable that finish is from the factory), accuracy and reliability.
If I were to get a 1911 in 9mm, it would be a range / target gun that might be used on a nightstand or the office, but probably not used for concealed carry.

Page generated in 0.03109 seconds with 8 queries