View Single Post
Old June 18, 2012, 09:09 AM   #1
jclayto

Help with a Pro 1000

I am helping a friend get his new to him used pro 1000 set up and running. I have never worked around the pro1000 so it's all new to me. We are having an issue that more often than not brass hangs in the size/decap die resulting in the platform coming loose from the ram arm on the down stroke. Nothing feels out of sorts as in the brass does not feel as if it is being forced into the decap die but on the down stroke we end up with the platform and brass stuck to the die while the arm moves freely. I am sure that the decap die is adjusted properly and we even backed it out so far that it was not depriming cases just to check. The dies are carbide lee dies but just for good measure we even tried tumbling and lubing the brass without any improvement.

Also, how is shell plate indexing adjusted on the 1000? I notice that the shell plate on this press sometimes does not fully line up with station one on the down stroke resulting in brass not inserting in the shell plate. What's odd, is this also happens on an empty shell plate and I can move the arm slowly and see that it stops just short on the down stroke but when I start the upstroke it snaps into alignment.

Any input is appreciated

Page generated in 0.02191 seconds with 8 queries