View Single Post
Old April 11, 2005, 11:16 AM   #16
snacktrack

Quote:
I notice that I look behind me constantly now, and decide to cross the street to avoid walking by anyone who looks like trouble to me.
Not a bad idea. Why didn't you do that before you carried a gun?
Good question, I mean I wasnt a total naive person before I started carrying, I guess now I am constantly aware that I am doing it. I have to admit before I would walk where I was on the path of walking because I had the macho feeling that I should be able to walk wherever I want to. Now, with the possiblity of having to defend my life and ending someone elses and all the ramifications that come with it, I would rather avoid any possible confrontations.

Quote:
Don't fondle the gun. It's amateurish. If where you live is that bad, you'd be better served to move to someplace better.
Yeah, I am already on that one. I have lived where I live for 3 years, its great for the most part. People dont walk around in the suburbs like they do in the city, so just by probabilty you are more likely to have an encounter. The reason I put my hand on my grip is because the alleyway that leads to the door on my apartment is hidden on the side of the house in between another house, and at the end there is a opening which allows for someone to sit there and wait for me without me being able to see. If I indeed had an encounter there, even a half a second would make a difference. Nobody can see into the alleyway, so its not like people can see me with my hand on the grip. But I understand your point about it being amatuerish.

Quote:
Not at all unlike learning to drive a car. At first you're aware of everything and now you (seemingly) have to barely watch the road.
Good analogy, that makes sense to me. I remember the first time I had to go on I-95, I was scared to death. I swore people were going to ram into me. I now scan all around me without fear, and drive for other people who dont watch what they are doing. I have been driving for 14 years without an accident, I have only been carrying for about a month and a half so I think it will become more natural for me as time goes on.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein
My band's website: daughter darling

Page generated in 0.06915 seconds with 8 queries