View Single Post
Old August 26, 2012, 02:52 PM   #12
SerenityNetworks

Wow! Your answer had more information than my questions!

Quote:
$50 for a scope? Couldn't find anything cheaper than that huh?
The other weekend Cabela's had a "Doorbuster" sale and I picked up one of their $99 "Caliber Specific Scopes" for 1/2 price. I really like the TruTech iron sights on the Marlin, but at that price I thought I'd try a scope. If I don't like it then I'll take it off and put it on my grandfather's early 30's vintage Century Arms (Mossberg) .22. It still shoots great, but the iron sights are ruined.

Quote:
If you look at the mount, it's .774" from the ring bottom circumference to the bottom mounting surface of the base... your scope will be, measured at the centerline of the scope, 1.274" above the dovetail rail on the rifle.
Okay, I'm with you so far.

Quote:
With the scope mounted, you have .125" gap between the 1" tube and the top of the base. This allows room for the "turret block" to clear the base... if there is a full surround turret block.
Huh? I'm lost. I'm not even sure what to ask.

Quote:
The objective bell... you have .344" (difference between .1.274" and 1/2 of your objective bell diameter, or .930")... plus your approximate .150" clearance from the barrel. Plenty of room.
This makes sense, but I'm missing something in the middle.

Sorry to be so dense,
Andrew

Page generated in 0.03597 seconds with 8 queries