View Single Post
Old January 16, 2012, 01:47 PM   #27
mikld

Well, you've heard the stock answers; don't do it, you'll shoot your eye out!, WD40 it (who is Stu Farish anyway?), do it slowly, and toss it. I'll tell you what I did when I started reloading. On the back of my loading bench I have a tupperware bowl, about 2 qt. size. When I made a mistake I just dropped the offending round into the "dud bowl". After reloading for a while and gaining experience in the various reloading steps/operations, I would figger out what to do for the situation (backwards or sideways primers, deep seated bullets, over crimping, etc.). I consider this "furthering my reloading education". I'll remember the solution or how to rectify a mistake if I reach the solution myself. If the solution is beyond my experience the bad/misloaded round stays in thr bowl until I figger out a solution (I've got hundreds of cases of each caliber I reload and cast my own bullets so I won't miss the dud bowl contents). It's worked for nearly 30 years of reloading (not so much the last 10 years though )

Jes an old guy's $.02...

Page generated in 0.03266 seconds with 8 queries