View Single Post
Old April 5, 2000, 01:14 AM   #5
J.T.King

Thanks for the reply...

I'm firing this out of an HK USP45f. I do not fire a whole lot of rounds (not a competitor, just about 100 rnds a month for practice andthen self-D). I use Corbon 230 +P as carry ammo.

I would like to reload a balistically similar round for my practice. I *DO* have load data from alliant for 45acp +P using power pistol powder, but it is for an unspecified FMC bullet and all my bullets are FMJ.

I know that at least there is a difference in OAL from the FMC to the FMJ. most 45acp load data suggests an OAL for FMJ of 1.26-1.275 as opposed to the alliant load data for FMC that says 1.19

Can I load these +P rounds with the FMJ from remmington if I use the round nose 45acp OAL listed at 1.275 and I start with a backed off powder charge by 10% and work my way up to it? I do have access to a chronograph and would obviously check for flattened primers and case damage.

Next question... All the books say dont mix primers, yet all over the internet I hear of guys swapping out primers all the time to see if they can get more accuracy. My load data for the 45acp +P from alliant says to use Federal 150 primers but they are not to be found in my gun stores and are a special order for $32!!!! Virtually all the other primers (CCI, Remington, Winchester) are only $15 per 1000.

Can I try a differnt primer?

Please help!

thanks!

J.T.

[This message has been edited by J.T.King (edited April 05, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03621 seconds with 8 queries