View Single Post
Old June 20, 2011, 01:07 PM   #2
NWPilgrim

No, the Auto Disk Pro measure does not leak with the disks or the adjustable charge bar.

However, I went back to using the disks. I really liked the repeatability of the fixed cavities. You either settle for an amount of charge that is in the acceptable range, or spend more time finding the right powder and cavity combination that is optimal. For me, I have a few powders for handguns and can usually find a pretty good powder and throw combo in about 30 minutes of testing with a scale. But once I figure it out then I can repeat the setting instantly forever after.

For the larger rifle and occasional handgun load that just does not work out with the set of disks (I use the double disks for .223) then I use my RCBS Uniflow measure.

The charge bar has a kind of diamond shaped cavity when it gets small which is not a good shape for consistent measure of flake powders such as Unique. It works much better with ball powders like W231, Universal, and AA5.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.02887 seconds with 8 queries