View Single Post
Old March 20, 2013, 08:39 PM   #11
5 STRING

"IF you have an accurate load that you know already works, to save on hazmat buy 8# jugs and several of them - that helps"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep,..That is why I really wanted the IMR. I was using 4895 and 4064 under a 150gr JSP with very accurate results out of my bolt rifle years ago. I had heard that Varget was a good choice nowadays with Nosler 150gr E-Tips as well. I have some Speer JSP "Spire Point" projectiles left over from 25 years ago and that was one of the reasons that I was intending to load with this powder choice.

I like the 150gr projectiles, I had tried lighter weight bullets and different powders, but for all around usage down here in my area the average distance per shot in hunting situations is 100yds to 150yds max, and that's sittin' in the top of a tree. But for target rounds, of course you can make the distance whatever you want it to be.

I think your right about the 8# Jug quantity. The local guys wont sell that amount, the limit is 2lbs. per customer. The logical thing for me to do is to order a couple of 8 pounders and that would make the shipping charges easier to eat.

Page generated in 0.02519 seconds with 8 queries