View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 11:49 AM   #6
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody55
Next time you hear someone proposing a psychological testing program to own a weapon, suggest that the same thing be applied to the 4th Amendment.
Don't give them ideas. Too many police departments already don't believe in the 4th Amendment. Stop and frisk is only the tip of the iceberg. Look at all the SWAT team, dynamic entry "warrant services" that get carried out at incorrect addresses, or at addresses where the person they're looking for moved out six months or a year prior. A search warrant "service" is supposed to imply that you hand the warrant to the person at the door and allow them to read it. If that were being done, most of such erroneous raids would be eliminated because the occupant could just say, "This is for 238 North Main street, and we're at 238 SOUTH Main Street." Or, "I'm not John Doe. He was the previous owner, my name is Priscilla Smith and I bought this house four months ago."

But it's so much more fun to smash down doors and terrorize people at oh-dark-thirty ...

Page generated in 0.01948 seconds with 8 queries