View Single Post
Old December 31, 2009, 09:32 AM   #128
Firepower!

The final result for the 2009 Best Handgun Poll!

Here are the final results for the 2009 Best Handgun poll.

Glock (173 vote) 2009 Winner!
Ruger (127 votes) Runner up!

Springfield (68 votes) Third place
Smith& Wesson (65 votes) Fourth place
Sig Sauer (60 votes) Fifth place

Total number of votes polled was 730, a significant increase from that of last year’s.

These are the results from the year 2009 TFL Handgun of the year poll. The 2008 Winner was Smith & Wesson (65 votes), Runner up Glock (60 votes), Third place Springfield (54 votes), Fourth place Ruger (53 votes), and Fifth place (47 votes). The total number of votes polled was 460. The 2008 result is found here.

Analysis
Same players occupied the top five slots. Glock moved from second place to the first. Last year’s winner, Smith & Wesson was fourth this year, and Ruger, which was fifth last year moved to the runner up position. Springfield and Sig Sauer held their positions at third and fifth, respectively.

On an interesting note, Taurus (29 votes) is 8th this year, whereas last year it was tied (16 votes a piece) at the 8th spot with Dan Wesson, which is placed 7th this year with 31 votes. Steyr (3 votes) was the worst performer this year, and second worst performer (4 votes) last year; Kroth (2 votes) being the worst 2008 performer. Kroth was not included in the poll since it is an expensive item that is rarely owned and, therefore, does not reflect its true appreciation in these polls.

Another interesting result was that of H&K. H&K was positioned at 6th spot last year with 34 votes; however, it slipped to 9th place this year with only 25 votes! I am surprised at H&K’s poor performance since it came out with much hyped HK45 and the P30. Were these products not at par with H&K reputation? Slipping from 6th to 9th position is a bad showing for H&K, but more than that the decrease in number of votes is alarming when in aggregate 270 more votes were polled this year than last.

Thus, it seems like that the aforementioned five brands of pistols are most popular. Some changes in the preferences affect the results each year. I guess next year’s poll may also show same players in the top five slots. However, I would like to ask now for your analysis in terms of what changed that led to reshuffling of positions this year? I know that Ruger gained position because it came out with a few products, but what about Glock? What led to decline of SW in it position? Finally, what in the world happened to the H&K this year?

Page generated in 0.02251 seconds with 8 queries