View Single Post
Old June 8, 2009, 11:38 AM   #9
sakeneko

ROFL, peetzakilla! My husband says the same; he definitely *likes* to protect. And I don't mind; it's nice having him there. :-)

However, *if* we're in a situation that's genuinely dangerous, he's not just protecting me; the same's true the other way around. We are both players, not victims, when a bad guy shows up. In some cases, my part to play is going to be get in the car quickly so I don't distract my husband. In some cases, it may be to take out a bad guy who is watching my husband and making the foolish mistake of thinking I'm not a player because I'm an overweight middle-aged female who doesn't look dangerous. <EVIL grin> This would be even more important if we had children, because children (young ones, in any event) cannot protect themselves and depend upon their parents.

As I said, the situation cloud8a faced wasn't good. Other than perhaps driving off and finding another place to stay, though, I can't think of any better way of handling the situation he faced than what he did. His wife wasn't one of the children; she was the other adult. Leaving her the pistol so she could protect herself and the kids in a reasonably secure place (a locked car) for a few minutes made sense.

Or so it seems to me. I'm sure if I'm missing something, there are people her who can correct it. ;-)

Page generated in 0.02510 seconds with 8 queries