View Single Post
Old May 24, 2006, 09:17 AM   #2
10s&Xs

I can't speak directly to the Pro 1000, but my first progressive was the Lee Loadmaster. Had been using a Lee single stage, and most of my dies were Lee carbide, figured I'd try it. Was not impressed with it at all. Thought the priming system was poorly engineered (it tended to crush the little plastic arm that moved the primers). Never got it to work reliably, and I ended up returning it to the shop where I bought it. Employee there told me (quietly) to buy a Dillon, which I did, a 550B.

I try not to sound like a Dillon evangelist, but I've loaded tens of thousands of rounds with it and had very, very few problems. I picked up a used Square Deal B a couple years ago, and I don't like it nearly as much as the 550. For shotgun shells, the MEC 650 works just fine for me, and I still use the Lee single stage for .223s, so my bench isn't totally blue

The 550B has been pretty much ideal. Powder measure is +/- .1 grains, it's easy to change calibers and primer sizes, there's plenty of room to see what's going on at each station, and I found that I actually prefer manual indexing.

$.02.

Page generated in 0.02265 seconds with 8 queries