View Single Post
Old March 3, 2009, 08:18 PM   #27
Macol

From my time as a US Army Company Commander, any time the MPs or CID are involved in anything, they fill out a report. To complete this report, the commander must then fill out the actions taken; punishment, reprimand, etc. The MPs then file it away in the dark recesses of government file cabinets. I can't remember the form number, it was one of many I quickly filled out and signed as a signature machine for the company.

Then I've seen on background checks for Arms, Ammo, and Explosives access requests the smallest things, like Article 15s for minor offenses. So it must reside on file for a while somewhere. As a commander, though, I could always mark 'suitable' based upon my knowledge of the person.

And, yes, "extra duty" can only be imposed as a punishment after an Article 15, and not by NCOs. I got into a few NCOs for doing this as it took away my power base. However, I did understand the value the "corrective training" had to offer before an issue was brought to my attention. We then got our terminology straight.

So to sum this up: this is possible as I see it. Not exactly legal IMO, but that's not my area of expertise.

Just my 0.02.

Page generated in 0.03562 seconds with 8 queries