Thread: Panic Stop!!
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2012, 11:39 PM   #14
Nanuk

I had one with an 870, not a panic on my end. I was LE with the Ft Worth, Tx PD. About summer of 1986, I had responded to a call of someone shooting at passing cars. Upon arrival I came under fire, took cover and assessed the situation. It was friday night, the only backup was the helo and he was 10 minutes away. It was on the dark side of dusk and the BG's were on a wooded hill overlooking the road with apartments directly behind them. One subject came down with a 12 gauge and surrendered, after securing him I went after #2, whom #1 said had a 38 and a pocket full of ammo.

I used darkness to my advantage and closed the distance, then the helo arrived with about 2.5 million candlepower. The only problem is that I was effectively deaf, and the helo was blowing branches every-which way. I soon found the subject and confronted him with my shotgun, I told him once to drop it and he said no, in an intense manner. That is when I decided I was gonna shoot, all of a sudden he drops the 38 and begs me not to shoot, I felt the trigger let off.
My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Page generated in 0.02029 seconds with 8 queries