View Single Post
Old June 21, 2013, 08:43 PM   #10
HKFan9

Quote:
HKfan9
Think you were a little harsh don't you? I asked a simple question not expecting a rant from a 'purist'
I appreciate the answers from the other folks and yes the rifle was assembled by the guy I bought it from to look like an M16 ( he's an ex jarhead )
I've already replaced the hand guards with rails and want to do the stock next with an adjustable.
Dave
The problem with the internet is things are taken out of context I will give you that.

I am not a purist in the slightest, I own a 9mm 1911 which is most purist circles is a mortal sin.

I was concerned not over the gun, but if you were fed a bunch of lies when buying it.

When you called it a S&W M&P-15 it seemed as though you we referring to one of the rack rifles which would retail much more than a parts kit gun would cost.

I love throw back rifles, and I love parts built rifles, I do it myself, what I hate is a "noob" getting taken advantage of by a guy who slaps together some cheap parts and then since the roll mark says SW sells it for more than it is worth.

I was not raging on the gun, I was just hoping that you KNEW what you purchased when you did, and not gotten fed a bunch of BS.

If you want to cowitness with irons I would suggest a flat top upper like others have, however, I would, if possible in your situation.... hang onto the fixed carry handle upper... and do another retro build with it down the road and enjoy both.

Your butt-stock is on a rifle extension tube, not a carbine extension so you should not have to worry about comm or mil spec. However that limits what stocks you can use.

Page generated in 0.02515 seconds with 8 queries