View Single Post
Old January 14, 2008, 07:14 PM   #24
mthalo

Quote:
One time the line was cold and I was out changing my targets. As Im heading back, I see this guys friend looking at his pistol, in his hand, pointing it right at me.
EVERY WEEKEND I go to the range, I deal with at least one incident where I have some idiot who have no clue on how to handle a gun safely. Usually, it's more than one.

This weekend, I had some moron decide that a cold line was perfect time
to reload his CCW piece. I always check to make sure everyone has heard the call, and has stepped back. This dimwit did that, then went back for the bench. I heard the slide on his 1911 clink shut just as I'm passing in front of his lane.

The previous weekend, I look over to my right to see some guy peeking down the muzzle of an AK, bolt closed and magazine in. At least this Homer Simpson
wannabee had the courtesy to point it at his own head.

I'd like to list every incident of unsafe, stupid gun handling I witnessed just in the past year, but that would be a full time job. It's out of hand compared to
ten just years ago.

I hate saying this, but I'm rapidly reaching the point where tighter restrictions over who gets to own a gun, and who gets to carry one is beginning make a lot of sense. Too many people either don't know the rules, or don't think the rules apply to them.

Page generated in 0.03180 seconds with 8 queries