View Single Post
Old December 8, 2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Glenn E. Meyer

Oh, the same old argument of how much is enough. The idea that you live in a low crime area is specious.

1. The knife - knife courses teach its use as an escape tool. So, if you live in a low crime area but somebody grabs you - you still could use the knife.

2. The flashlight - it gets dark in low crime areas. Duh.

3. The phone - you might need to call someone if you do have an incident in the low crime area.

4. The OC - there are drunks and nuts in low crime areas.

5. The gun - if you do get in a fight - an efficacious gun is better. You carry a lighter gun for convenience sake but when the fight starts - the low crime area perpetrator probably has the same physiology as the high crime perpetrator. So convenience is the issue, not 'low crime' area.

6. The extra mag - again this is the high intensity but unlikely incident vs. the single mugger. However, a high intensity incident can happen in low crime areas like your church or the nice mall or a school (can't carry there anyway).

So, the issue for the light bat belt is convenience and not probablity of an incident. The equipment is to be used when there is a fight and the crime probability of the area is irrelevant at that point.

As I said before, I can go for a walk in my low crime neighborhood with the right clothing and not be burdened, even in TX heat.

Page generated in 0.03011 seconds with 8 queries