QUESTION:

What is the better option?

Option #1: Remington 870 Express Compact Junior
Weight: 5.75 lbs
Overall: 37.25"
LOP: 12"

OR

Option #2: Remington 870 Express Synthetic 7-Round:
Weight: 6 lbs (but other sources say 6.75 lbs)
Overall: 38.5"
LOP: 14"...but put a Hogue synthetic stock on it that reduces LOP to 12"

DISCUSSION:

The primary users of this firearm will be myself (5'5", 150 lbs) and the significant other (5'3", 115 lbs) for the purpose of home/zombie-defense. We will not be clearing rooms (where a shorter overall length and increased magazine capacity would help) nor hunting (where toting around a lighter gun all day would help). My gut instinct is that Option #2's heavier weight would soak up some of the recoil whereas Option #1's lighter weight would make it easier for the significant other to maintain a proper firing position for a longer time (she doesn't have Sarah Connor's arms). To be frank, it seems like the differences between the two options are rather minimal, but I am an obsessive planner/researcher by nature.

Thank you all.

respectfully,
Moose

*There are many excellent threads out there debating the merits of 12 gauge vs. 20 gauge, but I want to limit the focus of this thread and not re-invent the wheel/rehash the debate.

**There are many excellent threads out there debating the merits of Mossberg vs. Remington and pump vs. semi-auto, but again, want to limit the focus of this thread.

Page generated in 0.03682 seconds with 8 queries