View Single Post
Old February 1, 2014, 09:59 AM   #12
AK103K

1 second from concealment at 15 yards on a target that small (they arent "life" size, right?), seems a pretty lofty aspiration.

I understand and agree with striving for better than you need to be, but I do think you need to be somewhat realistic too, otherwise youre likely just to frustrate yourself.

Drawing and shooting on a target in that situation would probably not be my first choice, although I do practice that. For me, 1 second aint a happening thing, I do know that, 2 maybe. 15 yards would be my max too, and 10 in is where most of my practice is done.

I practice a couple of different ways other than from the draw too, and none are "static". The three I do the most are from SUL, a pulled in ready, and one handed, with my arm hanging, from behind my back leg when bladed to the target.

The more you practice, the better you get, the more confidant you get, and the less likely youll be to hesitate when you need to shoot.

I do think the more realistic the target (ie "photo" type) are a better choice, as they get your brain accustomed to real people, and not just generic outlines. They also help with targeting decisions, especially from angles other than head on.

Page generated in 0.02945 seconds with 8 queries