Thread: NRA Geez?!
View Single Post
Old August 23, 2013, 09:56 AM   #31
Skans

Quote:
Doesn't it cost a lot of money at postage prices these days?
I'm sure they get a bulk mail discount. Anyway, believe me, if the NRA was losing money on sending out direct mail, they wouldn't be doing it.

What I think some folks (not me, particularly) object to is the "beggar mentality". People in general don't like beggars coming up to them at gas stations while they are pumping their gas and asking "hey, buddy, you got some spare change...", knowing they most likely are going to use it for drugs or booze.

Well, some folks don't like coming home at night, reading through their mail and having to read through a pitch by the NRA that the world is coming to an end and their guns are going to be confiscated....please help fight the fight with your donation....etc. It really is the content that some folks object to; not the mailing or the cost of mailing. If there was a coupon attached to each NRA letter for 50% off anything in Harbor Freight, INCLUDING other sales items, these folks wouldn't be complaining about what the NRA spends on direct mail.

Also, the truth is that when many folks actually read the NRA beggar-grams, they know that most, if not all, of what it says is true, and a part of them thinks they should send money; but they just don't want to. This is the category I typically fall into. But, I knew the deal when I bought my NRA membership - good group of folks doing good things for all of us, but sometimes their mailings cause me some "guilt" so they can be a PITA.

Page generated in 0.03363 seconds with 8 queries