View Single Post
Old March 28, 2012, 10:54 PM   #13
gunsmokeTPF

As long as it's loaded it's illegal for a felon to possess it, or for anyone else to possess who isn't legally authorized. It's that way in the entire country and in all US possessions. Some felonies are rediculous, but that you can blame all the politicians for. A theft involving more than $250 around here is a felony.

Being only 16 and paying for it for the rest of your life is a little drastic, I think. If one can get a good conduct certificate, which is issued by the ATF, the conviction can be set aside in order for them to get all their rights back, which includes possessing a firearm. Most people haven't a clue about this. This can only be gotten if the crime committed didn't have a gun possessed at the time by the individual. This I know for a fact, because a number of years ago I assisted in looking up someone's old arrest record for the robbery of a gas station. This individual was involved with a couple of others and upon being convicted was sentenced to approximately one year in prison. He was seeking employment as a state corrections officer in the same facility he served time in. Fortunately for him it was someone else with the gun. I was told he was getting the job by the ATF agent.

It may sound kinda strange, but when you think hard about it you have to take into consideration all the facts involved and maybe it ain't that far fetched. Some of the best people in LE going way back did time. I've seen a couple of the most straight as an arrow people go rogue. Guess no one's perfect, including me.

Sorry, didn't mean to make this into a legal brief.

Page generated in 0.02782 seconds with 8 queries