View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 04:24 PM   #4
DG45

Zullo 74, Remington NMA's are simple, rugged,reliable, powerful, accurate, easy to disassemble and reassemble, quick to reload by using an additional cylinder, has a top strap for additional frame strength, can be converted to cartridge use by purchasing a conversion cylinder, and can be converted back again by replacing the original cylinder.

The additional frame strength provided by the top strap is useful for firing heavy BP loads, but is also useful for firing a serious cartridge load.

I'd call those superior features. But nobody's saying it's perfect. On the minus side, It's not as sleek looking as a comparable Colt BP revolver, some people don't like the handgrip fit on the NMA (but I'm not among them) and the hammer does leave something to be desired. (The Colt hammer is much better ergonomically, and seems to hit caps flush.)

Best of all, a good steel replica of the NMA can be purchased today from Cabella's for $189.00 and until Sept. 6, you can get $20 off that. Not bad, I'd say.

Page generated in 0.03089 seconds with 8 queries