View Single Post
Old May 24, 2011, 02:46 PM   #13
Mello2u

Quote:
InTheCountry

At what point do you pull the trigger?
Im wondering what it takes for people to use deadly force. Example. Suppose your kid sneaks out in the middle of the night to go hangout with some friends. Hes sneaking back in the house and knocks over a lamp. You wake up and wonder whats going on. Do you ask questions like who is it? Or maybe someone actually does break in and you can see its nobody you know do you automatically send a warning shot, or tell them to leave? Basically how do you go about doing this.
If you merely suspect that someone is in your home, and you can safely announce you are armed and order them to leave; I see that as a good way to resolve the issue. Ordering or allowing an intruder to leave may not be emotionally satisfying, might anger you and seem unjust; but it may be the safest thing to do. To subdue an intruder who might be armed could expose you to being shot; being shot at or actually shot should be avoided.

Automatic warning shot . . .NO! There may be some circumstance where a warning shot is to your advantage, but I can't think of one right off hand. Generally, no to warning shots.

You must absolutely identify your target before firing. This puts you at a disadvantage from a bad guy in your house, who likely does not care if he shoots anything that moves in your home.

Consider that it is much safer to barricade yourself in your bedroom and call the police to come rescue you; than to try to clear your home of an armed intruder. I have tried to do house clearings in training dozens of times and always screw up in some way. I have come to the conclusion that one person can not clear a house without exposing themselves at some point to enemy fire for some length of time.
" Frederic Bastiat

Last edited by Mello2u; May 25, 2011 at 08:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.02311 seconds with 8 queries