View Single Post
Old March 11, 2008, 08:53 PM   #15
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
i would stay right in my living room... guns sitting right next to the 'puter desk with the phone on it.
Brent
The dispatcher's advice was sound, and here's why. When SWAT enters the picture in a situation like this, they're in "active shooter" mode. They're not in condition red; they're in condition bright, florescent, glowing red (and that's only because I can't think of a condition higher than red ) Safeties are off and they're looking for a fight.

Now, you've got the wife and kiddies huddled all safe behind your wood framed walls, SWAT flushes the BG's and a firefight ensues. SWAT's trained to avoid collateral damage, but it's highly unlikely that any BG is going to give a rat's behind where his rounds go. Now given the likelihood of bullets buzzing around like a hive of P.O.'d bees, I think I'd want my family behind something more bullet proof than the average home's walls (granted: brick homes are the exception, but those still have windows)

Quote:
I know of few basements that have either a decent exit or better cover than the home above them.
Man, the one thing I really... REALLY hate when I'm clearing a building is going down steps into a cellar. It's a fatal funnel with no other way in. So from a defensive standpoint, it's the one place I'd prefer to make a stand .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.03141 seconds with 8 queries