View Single Post
Old December 15, 2005, 11:12 PM   #6
nemo2econ

I bought a Bullite...

Okay, having asked the question at the start of this thread six weeks ago -- and getting some good information from Skidmark, with whom I've communicated with several times offline from this thread -- I now have a Bullite .45 ACP laser training bullet in my 1911 pistol.

I've had it installed, up and working for two weeks now.

Overall, I would give the system initial high marks for training - lots more frequent feedback as one is developing aim-shooting and point-shooting skills, at a fraction of the cost per shot. Plus it's available for use every day, or several times a day, all without necessitating a trip to the range.

I see improvement already. We'll see how it carries over when I get to the range again in two weeks.

P.S. And to clt46910's comment that money would be better spent on a laser sighting system, I would disagree. I think the 10 millisecond pulse of laser beam that is timed exactly with the drop of the firing pin on the Bullite is rather key to why I'm improving. A steady-on laser would not be nearly as useful for gaining feedback as to what I'm doing with my aim at exactly the moment I've pulled the trigger and the hammer drops. Just my two cents.

Page generated in 0.04195 seconds with 8 queries