Thread: Bore Butter
View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 03:49 PM   #11
BirchOrr

BB has it's place...

I use it it one application only. I use a pre-saturated BB ball patch when loading a traditional BP long gun. T/C sells them (item # 7003). Or, you can simply make your own with your favorite patch. It does indeed make an excellent ball/patch lube.

I agree with Hawg in that it does get runny in high heat conditions, also almost too hard to work with when it's really cold. It is a non-petroleum product which is good. In my personal experience with BP, non-petroleum products are more friendly with BP. I personally would not use it as a long term anti-rust preventative.

IMHO Ballisol is much better for crappy weather and for long term storage. It also is not a petroleum product. It emulsifies with water. (It mixes with, rather than separates). I keep a can in my truck, barn and with my guns. I also keep it with me in the brush in an empty Visiene bottle. Ya don't need much. Works awesome on metal, wood, leather, fishing gear, rifle bolts, semi-auto rifle and shotgun actions. I also use it on padlocks to keep them from freezing.

Just my .02 as usual and all the best,

Birch
Black Powder: Not because it is easy, but because it is hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win...

Page generated in 0.04073 seconds with 8 queries