View Single Post
Old June 25, 2013, 11:34 AM   #27
shortwave

Excellent post Brian...especially the info about calling your local DNA or LE.

Here in Ohio, many have the false impression that if you shoot an animal and it runs from land you are legal to hunt on to posted land or land you don't have permission to hunt on that it's ok to track that animal without land owners permission. It's not and this can get you a fat trespassing ticket.

If the scenario of a shot deer running from land you are legal to hunt to posted or land you don't have permission to hunt, either get permission to track from the land owner or get ahold of your local game warden.

I had to do this on a nice buck that went onto an anti-hunter's property and piled up no more than 75yds onto his property. This guy owned no more then 6 acres but his property adjoins probably 300 acres of deep woods in which I had permission to hunt. Just my luck that buck ran on his property and when I started tracking I ran into the anti's heavily posted fence line. I stopped, called the property owner that I had permission to hunt on and explained the situation. He told me how anti-hunting the guy was and strongly suggested I either call DNR or forget about the deer. Game warden came out, knocked on their door , talked to a lady and retrieved my deer for me. I never hunted within 300-400yds of that property again.

Page generated in 0.02134 seconds with 8 queries