View Single Post
Old August 18, 2012, 02:20 PM   #30
xcop

Quote:
My son-in-law lives in San Bernadino county. I told him I would pay for the CCW classes. When I tried to find the procedure to get CCW, it was a morass. I couldn't make sense of it. Finally, I told him to go through the procedure and let me know when he got to CCW class.
He later emailed me to say he had started the procedure and was told to come back in a year for his appointment.
It's a disaster out there.
This is not close to accurate. San Bernardino Sheriff runs ccw classes monthly....I see them on a regular basis. Self defense is an acceptable reason for the permit. It will take a year if you dont submit the paperwork done correctly. If you fill out the paperwork and schedule the state mandated training as soon as you can it is just a few weeks. If you dont live in an area handled by the sheriff you need to deal with your own police. San Bernardino county is gun friendly and the sheriffs dept goes out of its way to run ccw classes as well as HR 218 courses regularly. And NO I was never a member of this department.

Page generated in 0.02544 seconds with 8 queries