Thread: Gun safes?
View Single Post
Old September 8, 2005, 03:34 PM   #51
leadcounsel

Sturdy Safes

www.sturdysafe.com

I'm in the market for a safe and have done alot of research. My budget is $1700. For $1650 delivered I'm buying a 34 cubic foot fire lined safe (about 29 cubic feet interior) with 8 guage steel with no welded spots and 1/4" door, commercial grade combo lock, and ceramic and wool 90 minute fire resistant protection and weighs 750 lbs so it's manageable to move and can be bolted down to prevent theft. It's designed to be very break-in proof with many features that the others don't have. It's 5' x 3' x 2.5'. It has a 20 year warranty. It will give me peace of mind for my valuables from theft or fire.

In comparison, the Cannons, Liberties, Sentry's etc. of the world offer thinner metal (usually 10 or 12 gauge), drywall fireboard insulation (which is near worthless and makes the safe 10% heavier = harder to move), and cheap combo locks for about the same price.

I briefly looked at Browns, but I don't have the $4,000 required to get a Brown, so when I saw the pricetag I stopped looking.... :-) For my $1700 the Sturdy is the best money can buy.

Do your homework and I think you'll agree.

Page generated in 0.02210 seconds with 8 queries