View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 11:58 AM   #9
NWPilgrim

Quote:
I think the real story isn't counting the number of rounds bought by the Federal Government, but instead looking at the increase in size of Federal Government agencies with police powers. That grew some 30% since the current administration took power. You might think that everyone who works for the Feds doesn't need a gun, but I'm sure you won't convince them of that. Sure we lowly citizens are buying as much ammo as we can afford when we can, because as Government increases in size, so does their ammo requirements. At least that's how I see it.
CVC, I agree this is the real problem. We have what now 150,000 or more armed federal agents/employees? What is the number of troops deployed during the height of the Afghan war? This is of course IN ADDITION to all the local police of city, county and state levels.

Practically every dept seems to have its own armed agents and even SWAT teams: FDA, Educ, IRS, etc. in addition to the ones we would expect such as as Treasury, Justice, DEA, ATF.

Looks like that civilian defense force is approaching the size of the military, and probably gets a WHOLE lot more training rounds per person than the military or local police.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison

Page generated in 0.03228 seconds with 8 queries