View Single Post
Old March 12, 2011, 11:51 PM   #4
Bill Akins

If your patrons like Colts best, You might want to download & even blow up in photoshop and print out this picture of Samuel Colt for your display Hardy.

Samuel Colt 1814-1862
pic at this link....
http://www.general-anaesthesia.com/i...amuel-colt.jpg

Anything you can do to jazz up the ambiance and background surrounding your BP weapons will help sell them. I have found that out by buying and selling myself on gunbroker. Some time ago I put a nice Mosin Nagant rifle on gunbroker for a reasonable price. No bids. Then I composed and took pics of it on a velvet red towel along with a Russian submarine commander's hat next to it, put those pics in my ad and it sold right away.
I learned that the better the display on gunbroker, the better the item sells. There's an old saying...."It's not necessarily the steak, it's the sizzle". Lol. It was the exact same rifle as in my earlier pics, only this time it was against velvet red with a Russian submarine commander's hat laying next to it (hat wasn't included in the auction).

It's psychological and it works. Like sex appeal selling toothpaste or suntan oil Lol.

Oh how easily led we humans are Lol.
"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; March 13, 2011 at 12:10 AM.

Page generated in 0.03516 seconds with 8 queries