View Single Post
Old June 14, 2009, 07:46 PM   #31
goldfacade

I work at a large church and am the overseer of our Safety Ministry. Our trained security guards carry different models of Tasers. The full size (think bigger than an M9 Beretta) are used by our uniformed guards and the compacts are worn by plain clothed individuals in the auditorium.

All civilian models come with 15' leads, the LE models come with 30' leads. Civilians cannot buy 30' models. The M18/M26 civilian model has a 5 second pulse @ around 100,000 volts. After the discharge there is a programmed 3 second pause where you cannot discharge again.

The C-2 models (cell phone-ish in design) have 15' leads only, no LE models. When fired it discharges for 30 seconds. Discharge starts @ 100,000 volts for the first 5 seconds, then reduces to 50,000 volts for 25 seconds. This marketed to women as the fire and forget weapon (read fire and bail out) taser.

The activation process was very straight forward. Access their portion of the website for Taser activation. Punch in the model and serial numbers and they give you a numerical code. To input the code you press the fire button the amount of times given by your code (example- code= 4567. press fire button 4 times wait for ready light to blink, press fire button 5 times wait for ready light to blink...)

In my opinion the C-2 is the best value and the safest one to use (30 second firing time). We use the M26 a visible deterrent (of course we would use it though if needed).

I have no experience with the X26, but by watching their video on it you can add, in 5 second blocks the amount of time the weapon will discharge by pulling the trigger, 5 extra pulls = 25 seconds added.

Page generated in 0.03577 seconds with 8 queries