View Single Post
Old August 11, 2008, 01:40 PM   #6
BurkGlocker

I have taken out the sheetrock on the partition wall and put in solid 2x4s there (that whole wall is the back of their closets, so any electrical didnt need to be rerouted, but in my opinion its well worth it for their safety) and resheetrocked it. It cost a bit to do, but in my mind, it is worth it. Plus the sound proofing was an added bonus. It might not stop whatever is slung, but it will sure slow it down. It sounds like your situation is similar to mine, with the kids rooms across the house from my room. The kids do know that if they do hear the dog going nuts, to get down as low as they can, preferably under the bed and dont come out until they see me or the cops. And if they do hear gunfire, dont move, at all, until the above actions are performed. But i have lighting stratigicly placed in my home as to see shadows cast on certain walls, that and I have also mapped out my shooting lanes, if that scenario ever does come into play.

I also have a very noisy, big dog, and the tiniest bump in the night sets her off. Thankfully she doesnt go nuts until she hears something going on with our home. But our neighborhood is full of dogs, and there have been nights when the neighbor's dogs have gone nuts and I have been ready with pistol in hand and checked out the windows. Mostly it has been people coming home late at night, and once it was a group of kids playing in the alleyway, at 0400. That night they got a very rude awakening, (mostly because I did) and asked them that they needed to get out of the alleyway because someone might think that they were up to no good. One of them popped off that it was a free country until I asked them their ages and had cell phone in hand and started calling the cops. Curfew around here is 2300-0630 for anyone under the age of 17. Never seen that many kids take off so quick. But I did recognize a couple of the kids from when they tried to break into the house behind us, a house that I just recently moved out of, and that really prompted my call to the cops.

I hope this helps a little bit...

Brad

Page generated in 0.02823 seconds with 8 queries