View Single Post
Old July 24, 2012, 09:48 PM   #10
achilles00775

Quote:
Mr. Watson's post covered the question very well. I think the best choice for general rifle experience and training is NRA Conventional High Power. It involves shooting from position at distance. There are events held just about everywhere and can even be held at ranges with shorter distances with the use of reduced targets. F-class is more relaxed in that you shoot from sandbags, bi-pod or other type rest but the target is very difficult. Look into a local High Power match in your area and see if that's something of interest.
thanks for the post, 4EVERM-14.

One question about the events that can be held at ranges with shorter distances with the use of reduced targets.

would this be for something like a .22LR rifle, if one wanted practice shooting long range, but could only afford this as an entry gun?

I'm currently trying to decide between a rifle that would let me shoot at a distance of 800 vs. the very affordable and beginner friendly .22LR.

If the .22LR rifle can give me pretty good training results to prepare me for long-range shooting, I think I'm all for it.

Page generated in 0.03334 seconds with 8 queries