Thread: #1 Buck for HD
View Single Post
Old June 10, 2011, 08:18 AM   #46
Saltydog235

Heck no I don't advocate the use of a cut shell in any instance. And yes most of my guns are of the finer variety or at least not junk. It was a joke to see if anyone would respond and it looks like it got some interest from people that had never heard of it.

As to the buck vs bird arguement, I use buckshot to kill deer in the woods while the dogs are running them or on a hog that I jump moving through the swamp. However the shot charge of a high brass #5 at a range of 4 to 6 yards is absolutely lethal. I don't really care what others choose to do as I don't plan on too many home invasions in the near future. If someone decides to break in, I'll hit em with the shot or go to a .40, 45, .44, .41, .38, .45LC or any of the other 20 or so pistols that I own.

Another thing 2 years ago I shot a sow while we were duck hunting with a 3" Kent Matrix #5, she was about 5 yards from me. There was massive cranial evacuation and instant death. Don't tell me about penetration or your geletan tests or the physics of your paper calculations. I did a feild experiment on a live animal with finite, destructive results. Cranial mist with bone and teeth fragments all over the place. I think every pellet in the load hit it, about 1.5oz or so of shot. The piglets I hit with a boat paddle, we have a hog problem around here.

Page generated in 0.02431 seconds with 8 queries