View Single Post
Old May 30, 2010, 02:33 AM   #18
HighExpert

My advice is to start shooting a decent .22 and find out if Bullseye is for you. When you buy a .45, make it a good one so you can't outshoot the gun. I went through that trama and it is no fun second guessing yourself every shot. Was it me or was it the gun. I have two .45s. One is a Gold Cup highly modified, hard chromed and rebarreled with a fully ramped barrel by Les Baer. My main gun is a Les Baer Premier. My gun is one the originals before Les started making his own frames. It will shoot sub 1.5" groups at 50 yards all day long if you do your part. I still cannot out shoot the gun. When I miss. I did it. I don't even think about the gun messing up. I shoot a SW Model 41 for .22 and a SW Model 52 for CF. Another decent .22 is the Ruger. They will shoot with just about any of them out there with the exception of the trigger which can be fixed. Most people I know with a Ruger have spent almost as much on it as they would have on a 41 by the time they get it right. I use Herrett stocks on all my guns and fell a good stock is almost as important as a good trigger. Good Luck. Bullseye can be a great mental challenge, although my wife says it is more boring than watching paint dry for the spectator.

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries